The middle of winter is not the favorite time of the year for many baseball and softball players. Stuck inside because of cold weather in many parts of the country, even the best hitters find themselves stuck inside at indoor batting cages until the weather warms up. If you are a player who is fortunate enough to live in the south, however, you might actually be getting a little bit of outdoor practice. And if you are looking for a way to boost your confidence at the batting cages or the first time outside in awhile you might be considering shaved softball bats, rolled baseball bats or other confidence boosting equipment.
The goal of both shaved and rolled bats is that players will get a little more flex and can really take advantage of the increased sweet spot. With a little more flex, in fact, these modified bats are a great way to practice your swing, boost your confidence, and compete in end of season home run derbies. Because these bats have been altered, however, they are no longer certified for regular play, but still serve a real purpose during practice settings.
Baseball and Softball Continue to Be Very Popular Sports Among Americans
Shaved softball bats for sale may not be that familiar to the average American baseball fan, but the games themselves certainly are. In fact, more than 36 million kids in the U.S. play organized sports each year, and many of them select baseball and softball as their sports of choice. Consider some of these facts and figures about the game itself and the continued popularity of one of America’s greatest past times:
- Today more than 100 countries are part of the International Baseball Federation, but Baseball initially started in the U.S. before spreading across the world.
- In one study done in the spring of 2016, 13.46 million people had played softball or baseball within the last 12 months in the U.S.
- A baseball bat can travel up 80 mph at the peak of the swing.
- 65% of youth athletes say they join sports to spend time with their friends, according to a survey by the Athletic Footwear Association. Many of these youth enjoy the games of baseball and softball.
- Softball was originally an indoor sport and was first invented in Chicago in the year of 1887.
It might be the middle of winter right now, but it will not be long and the cold weather will be gone and both baseball and softball players will be on diamonds across the country back doing what they love best. Many of these players will be swinging shaved softball bats and rolled baseball bats to make sure that they are at the top of their game when season rolls around.