People love having their own pool. In the United States there are 10.4 million residential pools. In terms of what exercises are the most popular, walking is number one, working out with equipment comes in at number two and swimming is the third most popular. More and more Americans are having pools and spas installed at their homes.
Getting the best in ground pool.
- Select the pool design you like the best. In ground pools come in a lot of shapes and sizes. Custom pool builders typically use concrete, vinyl-lined and fiberglass. Concrete pools and spas are the most customizable, be made into just about any shape you want and take the longest amount of time to install. A vinyl swimming pool can be rectangular or L-shaped. Sharp objects can puncture the lining so be careful. Fiberglass pools are molded at the factory into one giant piece. They only come in a few shapes.
- Check on your town?s zoning laws and regulations. Every areas treats pools and spas differently so check with local officials before you begin a pool installation project.
- Select the location. If you put your pool in a sunny area with little breeze, you will reduce the amount of heating you have to do. The sun will warm the water for you. Pick a part of your yard that is visible from your house and is not too low so that mud gets into the pool when it rains. Also when installing pools and spas, select a location that is large enough to accommodate whatever else you plan to install like a slide. Adding the whirlpool spa to your pool is a great addition.
- What kind of circulation system will you get? These systems keep the water in your pool clean and clear. All professional pool installers should be able to explain the different kinds of filtration systems and help you find the best one for your pool. Talk to the residential pool contractor about how to test your water. You will need to do this to keep in the pH at the right level. It needs to stay between 7.2 and 7.8. The alkalinity should remain between 80 and 120 parts per million. They should also explain you different chlorine options. salt chlorine is being used a lot and you should not believe the rumor that it will turn your pool into a salt water pool.
- Have a budget and stick to it. In ground pools are a great investment but they do cost a decent amount to install. The typical price tag is between $20,000-50,000. Remember though this is just for the pool installation. You will also need to deal with landscaping your yard, buy any accessories you want and invest in pool maintenance. The good news is you are buying something you will enjoy for years and increasing the value of your home.
Pools and spas add a ton of value to your home. They will also provide a great space for friends and family to gather and make memories that will last a lifetime.