If you have a boy about middle school age then you likely know the kinds of trouble they can get in. From the days when a neighbor knocks on the door to tell you that your son and three of his friends on bikes and scooters were seen intentionally smashing a stone from the retaining wall at at a local preschool. When your neighbor stopped, the boys ran off. Your neighbor was not able to catch them but she wanted you to know that not only did she identify your son, cut she also intends to call the school if the boys do not stop by the school and confess themselves. She feels it is important that the middle schoolers know that vandalism is a crime.
You are embarrassed, annoyed, and angry, and you are not sure of the order. In this day of security cameras, it is not unusual for some crimes, no matter how big or how small, to be documented.
Today, there are more and more parents who find themselves too busy to connect with their children in meaningful ways. If, however, you are faced with a rebellious teen who has too much time on his hands, it might be in your best interest to redirect both his energies and his interests. If, for instance, you have a thrill seeker who seems to be falling into the wrong set of habits it might be in your best interest to make sure that you are doing your part to keep him engaged in healthier pursuits. From making the decision to invest in a wakeboard boat to spring more time at a lake house fishing and hiking, there are ways that you can make a difference.
Wakeboard Boat Rental Is a Perfect Way to Make Sure That Weekends at the Lake Are Full of Excitement
Fortunately, if you have children who are looking for action and excitement there are many kinds of water sports that might interest them. From the purchase of a wakeboard boat that you can use whenever you want to the decision to explore other kinds of water sports, there is plenty of action to be had that will keep your kids from the boredom that can lead to vandalism and other poor choices.
In fact, personal watercrafts and wakeboard boats are options for family members of all ages, not just the troublesome teenagers. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that wakeboarding and other water sports continue to grow in popularity:
- More than 87 million U.S. adults participate in recreational boating.
- As many as 19.6% of Millennials participate in water sports, and that number may grow as more and more parents look for ways to provide experiences that will keep their children and teenagers both busy and entertained.
- 13.4% of the U.S. population participated in water sports in the year 2017.
- In comparison, there were approximately 2.91 million U.S. participants in wakeboarding in the year 2016.
- You had to stand up to ride the first jet skis until advances in the 1980s changed the way they were designed. Now they are comfortable riding options that still provide plenty of adventure.
- In fact, today’s jet skis can accommodate one to four adults depending on the model. The motor sizes can also allow the craft to reach speeds between 15 and 60 miles per hour.
- Accessories are also important. For instance, wakeboarding ropes are usually longer than wakesurfing ropes. The ideal wakeboard rope is between 52 and 78 feet.
- To wakesurf, the surfer trails behind a motorboat on a small surfboard that is typically about five feet long. There are plenty of options to keep water sport enthusiasts of all levels both entertained and challenged.
Of course, you do not need to wait until your child is in trouble with the neighbor to make a decision to head to the lake for a great family weekend. Even in the winter when the wakeboard boat and other water crafts are in storage, you can still find plenty of ways to reconnect with your children of all ages if you are willing to take the time. Would a wakeboard boat be the perfect gift this Christmas?