With the holidays just around the corner, it’s a good time to start thinking about, and even purchasing, gifts for friends and family. For those who are trying to find a gift for someone who is an avid runner, they may be having a difficult time trying to come up with a unique gift idea this year. Some running gifts can get a little redundant after a while, like running shirts, shorts and socks. If you’re stuck trying to figure a gift idea for a runner, consider one of these unique presents:
- Half Marathon Necklaces – If you know someone who loves to run, odds are they have either recently completed or plan on running in a long-distance race. Half marathons and marathons take months of training to complete, and it’s nice to have something to remember the experience by when it’s over. Marathon and half marathon necklaces make great mementos of the big day, and they can even be personalized with your friend’s name and the name of the race they completed.
- Touch Screen Running Gloves – For those who live in the northern part of the country, the winter can get pretty cold and miserable. Regardless, many runners continue to run outside all season. If you have a friend or family member who falls into this category, consider getting them touch screen gloves. These gloves will keep their fingers nice and warm out in the cold, but also allow them to operate their iPod or smartphone when necessary.
- Pony Tail Hats – Keeping the head warm on cold winter runs is essential to keep from freezing, but this can pose a problem for women with long hair who are used to tying their hair up in a pony tail for jogs. A pony tail hat has a small slit in the back that a pony tail can poke through, solving the problem altogether. These hats make it easier for women with long hair to keep their heads warm on chilly runs.
- Bib Holder – If your friend is someone who runs competitively, they likely have a closet full of old race bibs. These bibs are a great reminder of a big race, but they can start to take up unnecessary space after a while. A bib holder is a great way to organize race bibs in neat and aesthetically pleasing fashion.
- Bib Coasters – Another different and fun way to turn race bibs into a unique memento is by turning them into coasters for beverages. While you will have to sneakily obtain one of your friend’s race bibs to do it, they are sure to love the gift.
From half marathon necklaces to bib coasters, there are a number of unique gift ideas out there for runners. If you find yourself stumped for running gift ideas this holiday season, use this helpful guide to find a fun and different present for your friends and family. Read more blogs like this.